In offshore fishing, where the use of PE line is the norm, tying leaders is unavoidable. Although there are various ways to tie a knot, it is not easy to achieve stable strength, and is especially a hurdle for beginners. Even experienced anglers may find it difficult to tie a line on a boat in wind and waves, especially with thin lines, and the tying may become ambiguous. Here, we introduce Happison's "Rechargeable Line Twister," a powerful ally in line tying that makes knot tying easy for anyone.
PE is the main line used in offshore fishing. In case of line trouble, it is necessary to re-tie knots on board, so the “Rechargeable Line Twister” is very useful.
Stable tying strength allows full concentration on the battle with fish
Happison’s “Rechargeable Line Twister” is characterized by its ability to easily and quickly perform troublesome tying (wrapping). Another major advantage is that the PE line can be wound evenly around the leader with little variation, ensuring stable strength. This eliminates the worry that the line might break at the knot or fall off (see ……), allowing the angler to fight the target as much as possible. As mentioned above, the boat is often rocking and the wind is often blowing, and it is sometimes a struggle to tie knots. With this item, there is no need to be at a loss, and the winding process can be done easily and reliably by simply turning on the switch and the machine will do the work for you. This will help shorten your work time and allow you to concentrate more on fishing. The lightweight, compact design weighs only about 80 grams, making it easy to carry. It is also easy to carry. It is a must-have item for fishing trips. The rechargeable model is compatible with PE No. 0.6 to No. 3, but there is also a battery-powered model that is compatible with thicker lines. It is recommended to choose the best one according to your own fishing style.
We want to make sure to catch tasty and valuable fish. Knots should be firmly tied to ensure a successful retrieval.
If the line is well tied, you can calmly communicate with large fish.
Tie a knot with the “Rechargeable Line Twister!
Now, we actually used the “Rechargeable Line Twister” to tie a PE line and a fluorocarbon leader. This was the first time for me to use this product, but I was able to tie it without any trouble by referring to the enclosed instruction manual. Let me explain how to use it step by step.
(1) Remove the clip from the main body while gently opening it.
(2) Take out 30-40 cm of leader and put the spool between the clips. This prevents excess line from coming out.
(3) Set the leader on the upper part that holds the line. There are two grooves, so push the leader into the groove on the left side facing you. Set the leader so that the end (tip) of the leader sticks out about 15 cm above the body.
(4) While holding down the leader, set the leader in the lower thread holding section as well. The photo shows the end of setting. After this, pull the leader downward to take up the slack before wrapping it around.
(5) Set the PE line in the groove on the right side of the upper thread holding area. Push the PE line all the way in so that the tip of the PE line sticks out about 15 cm from the body (thread holding section) as well as the leader.
(6) Finished setting the PE line.
(7) Pull the switch on the top of the main unit and tilt the PE line backward diagonally downward (about 45°) and wind it 15 to 20 times. Be careful not to pull too much, as it will be difficult to wind.
(8) Once the PE line has been coiled to the bottom, stop the reeling and now tilt the PE line upward and reel it in toward the top.
(9) After stopping, untangle any tangled leader end threads from the PE line above the main body.
(10) Remove the PE and leader from the main body.
(11) Align the PE (main line) and leader, and half-hitch 5 to 7 times with the PE end thread (tip).
(12) Firmly wrap the PE main line around the non-slip surface on the underside of the main body 3 to 4 times.
(13) Pull the body (PE line) and leader together and tighten slowly. Be careful of frictional heat at this time. It is recommended to moisten the leader with lubricant or water.
(14) Half-hitch the PE main line with the PE end line 4 to 5 times, and end with an end knot. Cut the excess line (end line) with a “rechargeable heat cutter” or similar tool. It is advisable to make a burnt bump on the cut part.
The knot is completed in less time! Once you get used to doing it several times, you will be able to finish it more neatly and quickly.
This was my first time using the “Rechargeable Line Twister,” and the knotting went much more smoothly than expected. Once you get used to it, you can easily tie knots even in tough conditions, so I would definitely carry it on fishing trips!
It is nice to be able to concentrate on fishing because I don’t have to worry about taking time to tie a line. If you fish quickly, you can enjoy catching a large number of fish.